Reports to: Group CEO with a dotted line to Managing Director of PCA Law Ltd and Managing Director of Youd Andrews Ltd
Direct Reports: Senior Bookkeeper (offshored in Sri Lanka)
Following the acquisition of a business and the creation of a group structure, we are seeking a Group Financial Controller to join our team and lead the financial efforts of two B2B businesses in the experiential learning and development sector.
As the key finance business partner for each business, and the Group CEO, the successful candidate will also be responsible for implementing new, robust, and scalable systems and processes to aid the growth of the organisation. As the group finance lead you will be a true business partner to the MDs and Group CEO, liaising and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, and taking on all other ad-hoc finance projects as required.
For the right person, there will be opportunities to develop and grow within the organisation, potentially leading to a role as Group Finance Director in time. The sky is the limit in terms of opportunity to develop and grow, as you join the group at a seminal moment in our growth trajectory.
- Managementof the day-to-day financial activities of PCA Law and Youd Andrews
- Management of year-end accounts, strategic analysis, and budgets for both entities and the group as a whole
- Managing cash flow
- Helping produce quarterly reforecasts
- Producing and reviewing the monthly management accounts in a timely manner, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis, and providing insight into variances during monthly meetings
- Review of all corporation tax packs, liaise with the external accountants and ensure all tax returns are filed on time
- Other taxes (both UK and international) – incl VAT, any local jurisdictional tax requirements, payroll taxes and more are submitted within regulatory deadlines
- Management of Intercompany journals and loan accounts
- Review of statutory accounts for all UK companies and the group consolidated accounts
- Foreign currencies – Understanding the accounting for FX movements and changes, including input into any group level strategy to FX
- Support in ad hoc finance projects including implementing new, robust and scalable systems and processes to aid the growth of the organisation
- Managing the senior bookkeeper to support through all transactional tasks
- Continually improve the current reporting pack and produce monthly consolidated management accounts and Board pack as required
- Providing consolidated group financial information to the Board and senior leadership team
- Working, in tandem with the Group Head of Operations, to develop and leverage tech solutions to help drive improved efficiencies and streamlining within the group
- Developing reporting capabilities around financial KPIs, including various profitability metrics (at a product, client, company and group level)
- Ensuring all group invoicing is managed in a timely and efficient manner (including debtor day management)
- Being the main point of contact for the group’s outsourced financial functions (e.g. accountants, payroll etc) to ensure excellent service levels are maintained
- Strong technical accounting skills, including IFRS and UK GAAP
- Experience in managing and working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong experience with financial analysis and forecasting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent
- Experience with accounting systems and software including Xero and Excel (and preferably an experience of systems such as Wrike, project management) and Pipedrive, CRM)
- Experience with multi-currency consolidations and foreign exchange accounting
- Experience with Group consolidations and financial statements
- Experience with the development of financial KPI reporting capabilities
- Experience of leveraging tech solutions to streamline all financial operations
This is a hands-on role that offers a blend of reporting, business partnering, and input into the strategic direction of the business. As the key finance business partner for all operational teams, the role will grow with your development to give more strategic support, working closely with the senior team. It is likely your background will be in SME’s as opposed to large corporates.
We cultivate a culture of inclusion that respects individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers results.
We operate a hybrid working model with a minimum of 2 Collaboration days (Tuesday and Wednesday) in our London Bridge office and the option to either WFH or use our office the other 3 days. This is subject to ongoing review and the business may decide to increase this number if it decides the needs of the business require it to do so.
Salary range £60000-£80000
7% Employer pension
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Up to a 10% bonus based on company and personal objectives
Private medical healthcare for you and your immediate family