We cultivate a culture of inclusion that respects individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers results.
The Experiential Learning Group is a collection of companies dedicated to helping clients worldwide develop their people capabilities using scalable experiential learning solutions.
We are seeking an exceptional marketer to join our team as a Group Marketing Executive. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the post holder will be responsible for contributing to strategy creation and then developing and delivering campaigns for PCA, PCA Law Ltd, and Youd Andrews. The primary focus of this role will be to expand and develop marketing and communications across the businesses to ensure a best-in-class lead generation and prospect experience to grow the commercial activities of the group.
It is likely the candidate would have prior marketing experience – whether they are looking for their second or third marketing role or have completed multiple marketing internships before.
- End-to-end campaign management, including audience segmentation and targeting, campaign execution, budget management, and reporting.
- Utilise a data-driven approach for CRM and email marketing to grow our communities and subsequently drive lifetime value.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across the business and work on big campaign projects.
- Drive the organic growth of the company through digital channels.
- Assist with all areas of online marketing campaigns from setting up landing pages to liaising with external suppliers and providers.
- Help execute a marketing plan across social media platforms to drive traffic to the website and increase brand awareness.
- Help produce and collaborate on producing white papers, presentations, award submissions, blogs, webinars, RFPs, social media, etc.
- Assist in producing ad-hoc marketing/communication material e.g. product brochures or client and stakeholder-facing materials
- Work across the TELG brands, manage and approve various strategies and projects as needed.
- Communicate campaign objectives, timelines, and deliverables in line with the marketing strategy.
Ensure all marketing material/collateral is up to date and meets brand guidelines.
- Manage and update the website and social media content on a regular basis.
- Working collaboratively with the Revenues team to manage and grow the Contacts list and other databases.
- Conduct market research to identify the target audience’s needs, competition, and trends to help create marketing strategies and plans.
- Contribute ideas to marketing campaigns and monitor their progress and results to gather data to improve performance.
- Deliver graphic, written, or verbal presentations and reports of findings, statistics, and insights.
- Assist in creating and updating content on multiple platforms, including website, social media accounts, blogs, and emails.
- Help with the organization and coordination of marketing and promotional events, such as webinars, in-person client events, speaking engagements, and relevant L&D conferences.
- Provide general support, which can include arranging zoom calls, meetings with key stakeholders in the company, and external contractors as required.
- Manage marketing requests using the systems in place and ensure everyone always has sight of the dashboard, updating information regularly as agreed with the line manager.
- Effectively communicate with the team using the right communication channels.
- Assist in updating the websites and monitoring traffic.
- Update databases and use a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- An entrepreneurial and creative mindset
- Digital marketing and social media savvy.
- Experience creating email campaigns, and managing social media accounts.
- Good use and knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Dropbox, and web-based Google Docs Editors suite – Google Sheets and Google Slides.
- Good understanding of LinkedIn as a marketing tool.
- Ability to adapt to a high-growth, proactive, and fast-paced environment with plenty of autonomy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and be process-oriented, using data to inform decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and can use own initiative.
- Outcomes and results focused.
- Experience within content, digital marketing, events, or email marketing that can be drawn upon.
Beneficial but not essential:
Use or Knowledge of
- Setting up and hosting various virtual meetings & events platforms – Eventbrite, Zoom, Teams, Google Meet
- Creative design tools e.g., Canva, Prezi, Adobe InDesign, Vimeo
- Collaboration, and planning tools e.g., Wrike, Mural, Trello, Jamboard, Mural, Miro
- General CRM functionality and usage
- Salary range £27-33k
- Company bonus of up to 5%
- Performance-related bonus of up to 5%
- 25 days holiday plus UK Bank Holidays
- 7% employer pension
- Private health care
- Hybrid working – 2 collaboration days in our central London office plus WFH (n.b. office available all week for those who prefer to work office-based)