|ROLE||Head of Products|
|TEAM||Product Team / Leadership Team|
|REPORTS TO||Managing Director|
|PURPOSE OF THE ROLE||To oversee the design and productisation of extraordinary learning experiences|
|SALARY BAND||£55 – 75k|
|WORKING DAYS||4-5 days per week|
PCA is an award-winning global leader in experiential learning, specialising in developing Human-centred leadership capabilities across all levels, sectors and geographies. PCA has a five year growth plan, made up of rapid organic growth, an expansion from B2B into the B2C market and a hugely ambitious M&A model.
- We are eight times the size we were in 2015, growing for 12 straight quarters, January 2017 to January 2020
- Delivered in six continents, 40 plus countries and 100 plus cities
- 80k learners from 150+ clients worked with across 16 sectors
- Global faculty of 160 experiential earning specialists with commercial experience
- 70+ products and experiences
- Clients have 97% retention rate (retained for 2 years or more)
- Worked with 9/10 leading global law firms and FTSE 100/Fortune 500 multinationals
- Winner of five training provider awards
We cultivate a culture of inclusion that respects individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers results.
About the Role
At PCA, we use our expertise in Experiential Learning to design and deliver unforgettable learning experiences for clients and their learners. World class learning design is at the heart of our strategy for future growth. Our Products (Design) Team sits at the heart of this strategy and is responsible for leading all aspects of our design process. This talented team of designers drives our capability to deliver exceptional Ready to Learn (RTL) products and custom programmes for our clients. This includes scalable blended (in-person digital on-demand, virtual, and hybrid) learning products.
We are looking for a Head of Products to lead this exceptional team, who is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our design and creative process. As Head of Products, you will oversee both the continued development of our scalable Ready to Learn product library, and custom design projects. It’s a leadership role, with accountability for in person, hybrid and virtual design output and the success of the Products function. You will ensure design and creative deliverables are aligned to stakeholder expectations and executed within budget and deadlines by the Product Team. It will involve you using your best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve the efficiency of the design function.
With 5+ years experience of designing complex global L&D and leadership development projects, you will be able to quickly interpret business needs and client briefs and turn them into extraordinary creative solutions. You will mentor our team of talented designers based on this rich experience.
While you are a creative designer, your core skills are people and operationally focused. You must be a skilled people manager of creative teams with 5+ years experience leading others. As the Head of a function, you are driven by a motivation to get the best out of others and improve process to facilitate others’ success. You will also be a member of the PCA/PCA Law Leadership Team, working with the MD and other Heads Of to lead the business.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
Leadership / Head of Function
- Develop and manage productivity and continuously improve the Product Team’s design capabilities
- Own project allocation and capacity planning for the Product Team to ensure that design projects are delivered on time
- Support Product Team with setting realistic and achievable design milestones and communicate them with the internal team and clients
- Deliver timely developmental and positive feedback to support the team to continuously grow
- Lead bi-annual 1:1s to review and set individual bi-annual objectives which support Product Team and organisational objectives
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production in line with our brand
- Liaise with Head of Operations to optimise the way we share data in the business around products
- Lead Ready to Learn (RTL) product development with the project team
- Take a leading role in managing the design of complex internal and client Custom design projects across delivery formats: in person, hybrid and virtual
- Support the Product Team with high level instructional design in order to hand over to team members for detailed design execution
- Develop RTL products that advance our brand and proposition strategy and mission statement with the Product Team
Business Development and Marketing
- Collaborate with the Revenues (Sales) team to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
- Distil abstract business concepts and client needs into elegant creative products
- Pitch design ideas confidently and present vision clearly to clients, leveraging extensive L&D design experience
- Work with Marketing and CRDs to continually review and implement the Marketing Strategy, leading Product Team contribution to assets required for Marketing
Skills and competencies
- Five or more years of experience as a senior-level instructional/learning designer. Preference for experience designing leadership programmes and directing complex solutions for blended learning products
- Extensive people management experience leading and managing a creative team
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams, and clients
- Excellent organisational and communication skills to manage multiple projects
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design process including experiential design methodology, knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals
Example personal KPIs
- Custom v product revenues
- Number of RTL products sold
- Quarterly update of knowledge management systems