Allyship: An Introduction
Drive inclusion by calling out injustice, promoting equality and advocating for others
The Capability Gap
Allyship is crucial in today’s workplaces as it proactively promotes inclusivity and equality. By actively supporting marginalised individuals and challenging systemic biases, allies create a fair and transparent environment that values diversity. They contribute to teamwork, innovation, and productivity by leveraging the strengths of each individual.
Allyship also drives meaningful change by empowering individuals to use their privilege and influence to amplify underrepresented voices. Through education, mentorship, and advocacy, allies create opportunities and foster a sense of belonging, leading to organisational success.
- Understand why the role of the ally is crucial in the workplace
- Agree on a definition of Allyship and what it looks like in action
- Identify areas in which you are already an ally and areas for development
- Share ideas on effective strategies for active allyship
- Understand the context from which challenging situations arise and the choices available to allies
Delivery tailored to participant level
90 mins – 3.5 hours
In person or virtual