Delivering Outcome-Based Feedback
Deliver messages with clarity and care to improve performance and build trust, without diluting feedback
The Capability Gap
Feedback is often perceived as a negative and risky experience which is actively avoided, or a chore rarely prioritised due to a lack of time and focus.
However, it is an essential stage of the Performance Management Cycle which needs to be conducted in order to empower, enable and motivate team members and, in doing so, build productive, accountable teams around their managers.
Building confidence and commitment around giving regular feedback creates clear development opportunities for team members to grow their impact and contribution. It also allows managers to work effectively and focus more on their goals.
- Appreciate the importance of giving regular ‘growth’ feedback
- Adopt a positive mind-set when preparing for conversations
- Clearly deliver feedback without diluting the message
- Be firm, robust and clear as to expectations, whilst being caring and supportive of the person
- Effectively manage emotion or conflict
Delivery tailored to participant level
90 mins – 3.5 hours
In person or virtual