|Head of Revenues & Client Relationship Director
|PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
|Effective running of the end-to-end client engagement
|4 or 5 days per week (subject to discussion)
2 to 3 days in the London office
Overview of Role
As PCA accelerates its ambitious growth strategy, it is now looking to appoint an experienced and skilled Head of Revenues & Client Relationship Director.
We are seeking a highly skilled and dynamic professional to join our team as a Client Relationship Director and Head of Revenues. This dual role requires the individual to excel in both developing and managing a client portfolio and leading a team. The Head of Revenues aspect of the role focuses on effectively driving the Revenues Team to achieve their quotas through the use of key metrics, KPIs, best practices in sales and business development, coaching and mentoring techniques. Further, they will actively participate in the company’s Leadership Team and championing the Revenues Team at a strategic level.
A critical element of the role will be moving the Revenues Team towards a more tech-enabled culture – working with the Leadership Team to identify how tech and automation solutions can help to take our sales and business development activities to the next level; both at a day to day level for team members and from a strategic end to end sales process point of view.
PCA has an enviable client portfolio, multi-sector coverage and a footprint across the UK, EMEA, North America and Asia Pacific. Our client solutions span ready-to-learn products and deep custom builds, all rooted in a human-centred approach to experiential learning.
Using your considerable experience in the L&D sector, the role will encompass the full client cycle. This will include prospecting new customers, early scoping activities, helping clients define requirements and success criteria, to collaborating with our talented Products and Faculty teams to develop solutions and evaluations. As such, you’ll need to have demonstrable experience and credibility across the full learning cycle and expertise in strategic solutions development.
You will be joining the business at a seminal moment in our incredible growth journey, having recently become part of a Group, and as we move the business towards a more mature and sophisticated sales culture, to help us achieve our ambitions of at least doubling in size over the next 3 year.
1. Develop and Manage Revenue Streams:
- Prospect for new revenue streams while maintaining and growing existing lines of revenue
- Proactively identify, influence, and engage existing clients, stakeholders, contacts, and your network, to maximize high-value, profitable, long-term sales opportunities
- Utilise a consultative sales approach to nurture relationships with senior stakeholders and drive new business streams within existing clients
- Lead client scoping meetings to create opportunities and understand complex client requirements
- Collaborate with Client Relationship Directors (CRDs) and Account Directors to develop strategic Account Plans for key clients and sector growth
- Identify and execute tactical revenue opportunities
2. Head of Revenues:
- Co-create a Business Development strategy alongside the Managing Director and Group Head of Marketing, implementing that strategy through the Revenues and Marketing functions
- Implement a performance management system for the Revenues Team with clear metrics and KPIs aligned with revenue targets
- Lead by example, providing guidance and support to the team in best practices for sales and business development
- Coach and mentor team to enhance individual and team capabilities/performance
- Undertake regular performance reviews, identify areas for improvement, and provide actionable feedback
- Foster a collaborative and high-performing team culture, promoting knowledge sharing and continuous learning
- Analyse sales data, identify trends, and implement strategies to optimize revenue generation and create regular reports
- Collaborate with the Managing Director and leadership team to establish revenue targets and track progress
3. Client Relationship Development:
- Deep understanding of our Ready to Learn products and our approach to custom solutions, generating revenue from new and existing clients
- Mentor and develop CRDs and Account Directors to build excellent client relationships and share best practices
- Conduct performance reviews of client delivery and account teams to enhance performance
- Collaborate with wider Revenues team to monitor workflows and knowledge-share
4. Proactive Technology Integration:
- In collaboration with the Leadership Team help to identify and implement tech/automation solutions across the sales cycle to help automate and streamline processes, as well as helping to scale our sales function and become more data driven in our decision making
- Recommend and implement systems that streamline processes, automate tasks, and enhance data analysis
- Role-model and train team members to adopt and utilise these technology/automation tools effectively
5. Leadership Team Engagement and Championing the Revenues Team:
- Actively participate in the Leadership Team, contributing to strategic discussions and decision-making
- Execute company-wide initiatives and align the Revenues Team’s goals with the organisational objectives
- Advocate for the Revenues Team at the leadership level, highlighting achievements, challenges, and resource needs
- Share insights, market trends, and client feedback to inform strategic planning and improve business performance
- Represent the Revenues Team in senior-level meetings, effectively communicating their contributions and value
- Proactively contribute to the wider culture and role-model our core values
What capabilities and experience will a successful candidate have?
- Proven track record in business development, relationship management, and revenue growth
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build client relationships
- Experience in C-suite and global client relationship management
- Deep understanding of organizational development and learning needs analysis
- Ability to lead sales cycles and drive conversion
- Proficient in CRM software
- Proven track record of leading and coaching sales teams to take their performance to the next level
- Openness to feedback and a growth mindset
- Exemplary human-centred values, behaviours and leadership capabilities
- Experience of working in a start-up mindset environment, with the capabilities to zoom in and out as required by the role
Reports to Managing Director
Direct Reports – 2 X Client Relationship Directors and 3 x Account Directors
- Working days 4-5 days per week, hybrid working between London office and home (2-3 days in the office as core pattern with additional days as needed for the role)
- Some international travel may be required
- 7% employer pension
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday plus UK Bank Holidays
- 5% Company Performance Bonus (at the business’ discretion)
- For company information see https://www.pca-global.com/.
We cultivate a culture of inclusion that respects individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers results.